Let’s face it, the future of automobile technology is electric and evidently Mercedes understands this; which is why they’re making an electric people mover for 2020 – the EQC SUV. The EQC is the first model for the brand’s EQ line and will begin making its way to dealership showrooms later this year. As with all Mercedes-Benz vehicles comfort, style, and technology are at the forefront of the EQC’s design. In fact, Mercedes boasts that they developed an all-new drive system for their EQ line, including compact electric drivetrains at each axle – helping power to get delivered and making your drive more predictable.
Here’s what the luxury vehicle manufacturer has to say about their upcoming 2020 EQC SUV:
While the new vehicle instantly registers as a Mercedes-Benz, it also forges a striking new path in design. Grille and headlamps are combined in a sleek black-panel surface at front, an arrangement accentuated by an LED Light Band at the top. Within, an asymmetrical cockpit puts the driver in firm and intuitive control, while rose-gold accents give the electric vehicle its own clear aesthetic. Digital and physical merge seamlessly to empower whoever takes the wheel.
And the vehicle´s technology more than bears that out. Equipped with the all-new MBUX media system, the EQC responds to the driver´s natural, conversational language. The system helps to govern the car´s functions and learns over time. Here, it´s been engineered with additional EQ settings to help manage the vehicle´s charge status, energy flow, range display and other features of electric driving. Along with the ECO Assist system that helps maintain maximum efficiency, the EQC is more than just an electric vehicle: It´s a bold statement about the future of driving.
EQC’s Specs & Features
Some of the finest minds in automotive technology work for Mercedes and they’ve worked to make the EQC a true headturner. Here’s what makes this electric SUV so desirable:
- Compact electric drivetrains at each axle powered by two asynchronous emotors
- 40-minute charge (80kWh lithium ion battery with standard DC)
- Horsepower: 402 hp
- Torque: 564 lb-ft of torque
- 0-60 time: 4.9 seconds
- 4MATIC all-wheel drive
- AI-powered Voice Control multimedia system (completely designed for improving Mercedes-Benz’s User Experience (MBUX))
- ECO Assist System with comprehensive support for electric driving
- Digital widescreen cockpit with 10.25″ instrument cluster and 10.25″ media display
- LED Intelligent Light System headlamps
- Standard smartphone integration with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- DYNAMIC SELECT with EV-optimized modes
- Optional ambient lighting with 64 colors
- Standard Active Brake Assist, Speed Limit Assist and PRE-SAFE® system
- Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC®
- Active Blind Spot Assist
- Active Lane Keeping Assist
- PRE-SAFE® PLUS
- Available in an AMG Option
Mercedes-Benz EQC Photo Gallery
Mercedes-Benz EQC Video Gallery
Below is a collection of EQC videos from Mercedes’ YouTube channel.